Call for proposals for funding for institutional cooperation with China – the RENERGI and CLIMIT programmes
Funding for institutional cooperation with China – the RENERGI and CLIMIT programmes
Application deadline: May 30, 2012
Earliest permitted project start: Sept. 1, 2012
Amount of funding presumed available for this call for proposals: NOK 12 million
The Norwegian research institution (formal applicant) must include a Chinese partner in the project. The project must be designed to formalise and strengthen pre-existing cooperative relationships between research groups at the institutions concerned. Project funding must be sought and administered by top-level management at the applicant institution. Incorporation of cooperation between the applicant institution and other Norwegian institutions into the project is encouraged.
The cooperating institutions must have objectives and activities (R&D and/or education) at the department/division level within the thematic priority areas of the RENERGI and CLIMIT programmes, as indicated below.
For the RENERGI programme:
– Raising energy efficiency: buildings and industry
– Renewable energy production: hydropower, solar energy, wind power and marine energy
– Energy systems: planning, modelling and infrastructure
– Alternative energy carriers: hydrogen, natural gas and biogas
– Low-carbon heating and cooling
– Low-carbon transport: biofuels, electric transport and hydrogen
– Energy markets and energy policy
Grant applications must be based either on completed pre-projects related to the RENERGI and CLIMIT call for proposals for cooperation with China or on other documentation of existing cooperation with a strategic basis in the cooperating institutions.
More details about this call for proposal can be found at: