NBA China is Looking for A New Executive Director
NBA China is now hiring our Executive Director that will be responsible for the operation of the association, including communication with our members, events and the financials. The workplace is Shanghai with some traveling to Beijing and other cities in China where we have members or events. This is a full-time position.
- Events: You will plan and execute business/social events relevant to our members both in Beijing and Shanghai. Specific targets and requirements will be agreed with the Board. NBA China hosts approximately 20 events per year.
- Members: You will handle daily communication with NBA China’s members, hereunder ensuring that feedback is obtained from members and analyzed to continuously develop NBA China’s value proposition towards members.
- Financials: You will be responsible to provide the board of directors the financial reports, cost control, and ensuring that the association fulfills our financial obligations.
- Recruitment of members and partners: You will be responsible for preparing and executing plans to ensure NBA China’s services are aligned with the interests of the segments/groups of members/partners (both existing and new). You will also be responsible for planning and executing sales calls and visits.
- Marketing: You will be the primary responsible person for promoting NBA China activities to NBA China’s members and potential members on different platforms such as via email, WeChat, LinkedIn, and webpage. Tasks include reviewing NBA China’s ability to effectively reach members and develop effective tools for doing so.
- Other networks: You must lead the development of other NBA China’s networks relevant for the Norwegian community and businesses.
- You will be drafting NBA China’s Board meeting agendas, meeting material and minutes.
The secretariat is normally open Monday to Friday, from 09.00 to 16.00 – and closed in July, during Chinese national holidays, and normally also two weeks around Christmas.The positions as Head of Secretariat is a full-time position in Shanghai, but as a major part of the position is focused on event management you will have to responsibly coordinate your own work calendar in order to best meet the different tasks involved
- You are proactive, self-driven, organized, service-minded and outgoing with an eye for details
- You are passionate about creating value for Norwegian companies in China by setting up events, networks, and training sessions in dialogue with companies and authorities
- Ideally, you have a minimum of two years work experience – could be from sales, marketing, hospitality, business development or similar functions
- You have experience with communicating with higher level executives
- You have professional proficiency in English and Chinese. Capability of a Scandinavian language is considered valuable.
- You thrive working in a small organization with flexible hours and independence.
The Norwegian Business Association China is an active non-profit member-based association for Norwegian companies and business people in China. The NBA China was established in 2015, as a result of a merger between NBA Beijing and NBA Shanghai the same year. NBA China has a substantial membership base with over 70 corporate, individual and student members.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31th, 2017.