Temporary employment as Program Officer is vacant at the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing.
The Norwegian Embassy in Beijing is inviting applicants for a temporary position as Program Officer, within the field of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI).
The duration is initially one year with possibility to extend. Application deadline is September 1st, 2017.
– Administrative tasks of varying content
– Follow policy developments in China within the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) field
– Contribute to analysis and reports on STI developments
– Assist and facilitate bilateral and international cooperation in the field of STI
– Assist in planning and facilitating activities, meetings and delegations visiting China
– Assist in development of information material on STI
– University degree, preferably within fields relevant for the job
– 2 years relevant working experience
– English: Professional Working Proficiency
– Chinese: Professional Working Proficiency
– Good knowledge of the Chinese STI field
– Good writing and analytical skills
– Collaborative, flexible and positive attitude
– Ability to take initiatives and work independently
Submit your application in English, including motivation letter, CV (both in English), diploma, written references from previous employers and copy of ID-card to F-vacant-position-Beijing@mfa.no
Application deadline: September 1st, 2017
For further information, contact Counsellor Hildegunn Almås, tel.: 8531-9600
The Norwegian Embassy in Beijing is situated in Sanlitun, by exit A of Tuanjiehu subway station. The Embassy staff counts approximately 50, around 20 Norwegians and 30 Chinese. The Embassy’s mission is to promote and further enhance relations between Norway and China. The chosen candidate will enjoy the benefits of a sound working environment, competitive salary, with regular working hours from 9.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday.