Work with the Energy & Enironment sector for Innovation Norway in Beijing
Advisor energy/environment – Commercial section of Royal Norwegian Embassy, Beijing
Commercial Section of the Royal Norwegian Embassy (or Innovation Norway) is currently recruiting one advisor to the energy and environment team.
Innovation Norway is the Norwegian Government’s most important tool for innovation and development of Norwegian enterprises and industry. Our aim is to assist Norwegian businesses to grow and find new markets. Local presence is therefore of crucial concern to us.
We are 9 people working at the Commercial section/Innovation Norway Beijing. The industry’s needs determine our priorities, and currently there is high activity in the energy and environment, oil / gas, healthcare technology and marine sectors.
Related to the work in the Chinese market the office assists with:
• Local market knowledge
• Local networks
• Door opener function
The Norwegian Energy and Environment Consortium (NEEC) was established in 2005, in order to assist companies within the energy and environment sector in the best possible way. NEEC is a network of Norwegian energy and environment companies with a presence in China. The Consortium has recently been restructured into three sub-clusters; wind energy, carbon capture and storage and water/waste technology. We are currently recruiting an advisor to work primarily with the cluster for water/waste technology.
•Responsible for the operation of the NEEC website; including contact with member companies and partners,and regular distribution of newsletters
•Responsible for the daily work related to the water/waste-cluster; follow up existing projects; member of steering committee
•Individual counselling for Norwegian businesses in the energy and environment sector and other sectors if needed
• Promote the organisation’s activities on intranet, internet and media
• Administrative assistance
• Higher education at university/college level primarily of a commercial nature
• Relevant experience from Norwegian and/or international business
• Good knowledge of Norwegian energy and environment sector is preferred
• Working experience from China and knowledge of the Chinese language and culture is an advantage
• Efficient, self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Takes initiative and sees new opportunities in the market
The position requires a person with excellent networking skills.
The qualified applicant will:
• Have the opportunity to work with highly relevant issues in the energy and environmental sector in China
• Work at the interface between business and politics as part of the Embassy’s commercial section
•Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an international environment
The position is a one year contract with the possibility of extension. The advisor is employed on local wage- and working conditions.
For more information regarding the position, please contact:
This Posistion had been filled and is no longer accepting applications.